Takes: 15 mins preparation + couple of hours or overnight refrigeration time
4 oz (100g) butter or margarine
8 oz (225g) cooking chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
8 oz (225g) digestive biscuits, crushed
8 oz (225g) Maltesers
8 oz (225g) white chocolate
- Melt together the butter/marg, cooking chocolate and syrup - either in a bowl over simmering water, or in short bursts in the microwave.
- Stir in the biscuits, cool slightly, then add the Maltesers. (Make sure the chocolate mixture is quite cool, as the chocolate coating of the Maltesers will melt otherwise. But don't let it go cold or it will start to set and you won't be able to mix the Maltesers in at all!)
- Press into a greased and lined oblong baking tin and refrigerate till set.
- Melt the white chocolate (again, over hot water or in the microwave - your choice!) and spread over the biscuit mixture. Refrigerate again till the chocolate has set.
- Cut into squares - it's best to do this just before serving, as the Maltesers go a bit soft if you do it too far in advance (though it still tastes good!)